The Happyard Alpaca Experience
Enjoy some alpaca fun with these intriguing and beautiful animals. They are calm yet inquisitive and lovely to be around – they have quite simply stolen my heart 💓
Start your experience with a tour of whose who and meet any cria (babies ) too!
We’ll tell you some interesting facts about alpaca and then you’ll meet your chosen one to walk with. After making friends with him/her and having a lesson on how to walk them you’ll enjoy a stroll around our estate (well small holding 😉) and take in the countryside air along with probably meeting some ggs along the way 🐴🦄
Now it is a bit hilly at the start so be prepared for a little hike up the slope. Halfway we’ll stop to let them have a little nibble while you take in the views and then it’ll be downhill back to the yard. On returning to the yard you will be offered seasonal refreshments whilst you admire the beautiful fleeces.
Although the session is just @ 1 1/2 hrs you are welcome to sit, relax and enjoy watching the alpaca in our Happyard garden if you wish.
Suitable footwear/clothing for walking is required – suncream and hats in the Summer, wellies and waterproofs in the Winter, Spring and Autumn bring everything!! 🤣
If the weather is stormy / dangerous we will contact you to rearrange the visit.
We are open Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays
*NEW to Happyard from June 2020* – Alpaca Picnic walk – 11.00am – 1.00pm (light refreshments included but please bring your own picnic)
Alpaca Walk – 3.00pm – 4.30pm (light refreshments included)
Alpaca Picnic Walks:
- £30 for two people sharing to walk one alpaca (maximum of two adults – a child can be added for an additional £10)
- £55 for family ticket sharing to walk two alpaca (family of two adults and up to three children)
- £20 for two people sharing to walk one alpaca (an additional child can be added for £7)
- £40 for a family alpaca walk (family of two adults and up to three children)
All children receive a sweetie bag!
Upgrade to a Prosecco and chocolate special (over 18 years only) and the use of our rustic function room for an extra £10 per person
Perfect for birthdays/ hen parties etc
Sorry, no spectators
******Discounts for schools, groups and for frontline staff ******
There is a safety brief at the beginning of the session so please allow plenty of time to ensure that you don’t miss your experience as late arrivals will not receive a refund, sorry.
* under 5 yrs are welcome but it is rather hilly at the start so you may need to be prepared to carry them as the walk is unfortunately only accessible on foot. For very young children a sling or a baby carrier is advisable.
Cancellations – we require 48 hrs notice (two working days ) from selected walking date .